Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's Not About You

Under fire,
Under fire,
From many mouths I'm called a liar.
Their constant volley does not tire.
Who will call the cease?

Love in excess,
Love in excess,
That is what I'm called to access,
It is a constant struggle unless,
Love is absolute.

So where's the repose?
Where's the repose?
When can I just let my eyes close?
How can I choose to not oppose,
When my heart and soul cry out to?

Turn the cheek,
Oh turn your cheek,
I'm told again on His repeat.
There is a wound there much too deep,
For you to heal, oh mortal.

Love each other,
Love each other!
That is how they'll know you're brothers,
Sacrifice to love another!
And find My Heart therein.

Learn to love,
Oh learn to love,
You have not reached the heights of love,
True love rises miles above,
Your desire to be "right".

And let them see Me,
Let them see Me.
Remove yourself and let them see ME!
It's My sweet peace this world is lacking,
So let ME do the freeing!

Receive my grace,
Receive my grace,
My child I'll dry your tearstained face,
I know what pain is in that place,
And I know how to heal it...



Nobody knows what we're for, only what we're against, when we judge the wounded (as if we aren't just as wounded and sinful as anyone else!).  What if we put down our signs, crossed over the lines, and loved like He did?  Let our hearts be led by Mercy.  Because You died for sinners just like me, I'm a grateful leper at your feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Different Kind of Flair