Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm Opinionated...Just Thought You Should Know

Erin at Living in Yellow posted a similar post on her blog today.  I was so inspired, I thought I'd jump on board!  Because who doesn't love a good opinion?! ;)

1-Dying your hair blonde on the top layer and brown on the bottom layer is not cute.  How do you ask for that look at the salon?? "Hi, I'd like the skunk treatment?"

2-If you enjoy the company of the people you're with, DO NOT discuss politics or religion.  Bad idea all around...

3-A clean house that doesn't smell clean, is not a clean house...

4-Let me repeat one of Erin's opinions...Every human should own a dog.




5-Ice cream and/or cookie dough are the best remedies for a bad day...

6-I think everyone should spend an extended period of time at least once in their life in a place that is outside of their comfort zone...


7-Though I love them so, rarely if ever does a product advertised on an infomercial ACTUALLY function in the mind blowing way they claim it will...

8-Everyone looks good in winter clothes.  Only a precious few look just as good in short shorts, bikinis, and halter tops (including me...)...

9-Likewise, just because they make it in your size, DOES NOT MEAN it will look good on you...

 10-I think everyone should be adventurous when trying new foods.  Whatever "adventurous" means for you.  Expand your horizons!  Some of the best flavors in the world are just beyond what you "think you like"...

  Whoa, you gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's more like a certain... Pshew! It's got like this "Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste.

11-If we can read series like Fifty Shades of Grey, Twilight, Harry Potter, and/or The Hunger Games across several months of time, why can't we read the Bible cover to cover in that amount of time?  It seems to me it would be a much more enriching experience... (this is as much an admonishment to myself as anyone else...)

12-In that same realm, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that we read such series for their literary value.  These authors are not literary geniuses.  If this opinion ruffles your feathers, see #13 and rethink your definition of "literary genius"... (I have read almost all these series, so I'm not saying they're not worth reading...I just don't feel smarter or more insightful after having read them...)

13-Again...in that same realm.  What IS literary genius??  Les Miserables, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Shack, The Help...just to name a few...

14-If you find yourself in a friendship that induces stress, fear, and/or anxiety, reevaluate whether or not that is an actual friendship.  I think that is the definition of a toxic relationship...

15-Being a good friend DOES NOT mean always slapping your girlfriend in the face with "hard truths".  Sometimes she just wants you to commiserate...

16-I am not really sure what keeps shows like 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom, I'm Pregnant and Addicted, or Highschool Moms on the air.  Do we women actually enjoy watching people who shouldn't be mothers bring children into this world???



17-If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten...

18-The best things in life are not found on the "easy road"...

19-Get a useful degree.  If you want to be employed when you graduate, do not major in Philosophy, Sociology, or Psychology and expect that you'll be employable in a job other than flipping burgers straight out of your undergrad.  Be realistic.  You can be philosophical while majoring in something practical.  Then, WHILE you're getting paid, you can philosophize all you want AND eat too...

20-Just because you use big words, does not automatically mean you're smart.  I mean, if you say "as an amicable rhetorician, I utilize a sublime, grandiloquent vocabulary which incites my verbose use of a profusion of interconnecting verbiage that I inexorably, invariably vocalize with garrulous yet loquacious intent," and then you serve me McNuggets while wearing a paper hat, I can't say I can really respect your "intent".  

So there you have it.  A delicious little cross-section of my opinionated opinions.  Hopefully I didn't bunch your panties too much! ;)  I'd love to hear your opinions of my opinions (uh-oh...I might be opening the the floodgates here...).  Be gentle...yet loquacious...  haHa!



11 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! That was a good post to get an idea of who you are. Thanks for following my blog.
    Your newest follower, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Lisa! I look forward to reading your posts too!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this post idea! I totally agree about ice cream and cookie dough. 8 and 9 are so true! And I love trying new foods :) Fun post!
    I think you followed me a while ago haha, sorry it took so long for me to follow back! Your blog isn't listed on your pop-up profile page, so I had to go to your google+ page to find it. Just letting you know, in case you want to fix that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! And thanks for letting me know about the "linkage" issue. Hopefully I can fix that. I'm such a newbie!

      Rach

      Delete
  3. newest follower from the hop! :) can't wait to hear from you!

    xoxo - kylie
    www.kandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture on #9 is killing me!!! So awful, I can't believe people do that. And I went to festival this past weekend and saw tons of #1's running around. Seriously, no one thinks that looks good. Why do people do it? and how does anyone take them seriously once they have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! As far as the shorts go, there is absolutely NO WAY that's comfortable. It's looks like it would be torture...

      Delete
  5. That "if it zips" picture is too funny :)
    I am now following from the ILMOF blog hop
    Myranda
    www.prettylivingpdx.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Myranda! Returning the follow RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! I am still laughing at the "if it zips" photo!
    Following from the GFC Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Leslie! I pinned it months ago because I just couldn't stop laughing. And maybe crying a little too... ;)

      Delete

A Different Kind of Flair